I went on to do the same distortion techniques with the Reporter part, and then went on to overlay this over the Author part with a second layer on the Riso.
After this I realised there could only be one colour and also the ‘Author’ wasn’t that legible. So I decided to thin down the letters by re-painting them with a thinner brush, making the vertical length shorter, and then carrying out the same photocopier experiments. As there can be only one layer I decided to keep the ‘Reporter’ I was using but place it underneath the Author part.
This works really well I feel, you can definitely read it now, and it works as a single layer.