Love is what made it work.
Derek from Family and Friends came and gave a talk on their practice and how they run a successful design team.
Being a food and drink branding company I have to say I didn’t find the work itself that exciting. But Derek had a great outlook and spoke brilliantly about their ethos and work method.
Here are some quotes:
- You’ve got to love the communication industry, immerse yourself in it, it’s a vocation. Work is play.
- Find the right people to do the right thing.
- Love teamwork.
- You’ve got to love your clients.
- It’s all about, listening, talking, understanding and nurturing.
- Deliver on promises.
- It’s all about doing a good job, it’s word of mouth.
- Focus on a particular area.
- Our mission is to create a brand that people love to love.
- 3 main points of packaging = personality, story, impact.
He said “love” a lot.