So on Thursday we had our second day of mark making, this time with a woman called Michelle. She gave a presentation on what she wanted to emphasise within mark making, talking about reductive mark making rather than additive mark making and the iterative process.
Firstly she had us all draw the view out of our window, these drawings of the cityscape we would then use as a template for our experiments.
We had to produce at least five different mark making experiments using reductive techniques.
Mono printing in one form or another, bleach on ink, masking tape with graphite powder, etc. We would then choose our favourite technique and create a final piece as a poster using the city view as the imagery.
Personally I didn’t enjoy this as much as Monday, I guess it didn’t seem as planned out as Orly’s and we had less to experiment with. Also she got quite angry a few times which seemed unnecessary. But what we did learn was good, and overall was a good day.